The ADRC provides access to many evidence prevention programs through partnerships with local hospitals, clinics, senior centers and fitness centers. The evidence based prevention programs reduce emergency room visits, hospitalizations and overall health care costs. Click on the links below or contact any of our offices for a listing of evidence based programs in your area. Stopping into your local ADRC office to have a conversation with an Information and Assistance Specialist will provide options on the program that best meets the needs and desires of you or your loved one.
Evidence Based Wellness and Prevention Classes
- Stepping On – Safe and positive learning experience to reduce falls.(Crawford, Sauk, Richland)
- Living Well – Living Well is an evidence-based workshop for people who have one or more chronic conditions. (Crawford)
- Better Bones & Balance Program – Gradually improve your balance and strength to reduce bone loss and falls.
- Walk With Ease – Provides tools to develop a safe exercise routine unique for you.
- Eat Better & Move Better – Learn how you can live a longer, healthier life.
- AARP Senior Driving – Refine your existing driving skills to avoid accidents and traffic violations. (Crawford)
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers – Offers unique tools to improve the quality of life in both the caregiver and their loved one. (Crawford, Sauk, Richland)
- Alzheimer’s Support Groups – Find support in your care giving journey or learn about memory screening. (Crawford, Richland)
- Tai Chi Classes– Tai Chi Fundamentals is considered an evidence-based fall prevention course which improves balance and stability. (Richland)
- PALS - or Physical Activity for Lifelong Success - is a program specifically designed for older adults who either don't exercise or haven't exercised in a long while. Gathering with your peers and going at your own pace, PALS has been researched and proven to improve walking speed and distance in participants. (Crawford)
- Strong Bodies - Strong Bodies will catalyze positive change in people of all ages to live stronger, healthier lives by providing knowledge, inspiration, access to programs, and ongoing support. Strong Bodies envisions a worldwide community of fit, strong, and healthy individuals; in turn, these empowered individuals will become positive agents of change for their families, communities, and beyond. (Richland) (Crawford)
- Stand Up and Move - Reduce sitting time and sedentary behavior without exercising! Simply learn to stand up more often and for longer durations throughout the day. This can have a positive effect on your health! This program is not an exercise program. Instead this class gives participants strategies to stand up more throughout the day. Class meets 1x per week for 4 weeks followed by a refresher class. (Crawford)